Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 goofparade

goofparade

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

For the record the teaser no longer exists, I made it into The Plague. It was the opening sperm bank heist scene.

I am still working on this movie though slowly but surely, well mostly just slowly.

"Sperm bank heist scene"

ha! Too rich! Thanks for my laugh o the day!

all hail homemadeeye!

gp

#42 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

Net Worth: 50,000 VCs

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Well I haven't worked on this movie in the slightest in months. Lately I've been focusing my comedic "talents" on other areas. Over the course of the past few months I've befriended someone who does standup comedy, and they've been encouraging me for a long time to try it myself. A lot of people throughout my life have tried convincing me to do it, but I just never saw myself ever attempting standup but hearing from someone who actually does standup that I should try it convinced me. After about a month of writing material I did my first set pretty recently and I was surprisingly successful. I was absolutely scared shitless, but thanks to copious amounts of alcohol it all went really well. Along with that I am finishing a rap album as the rapper "Haf Dolla," which you may recognize from the video I uploaded a while ago called "Life of the Middle Class Suburban White Kid."

Despite all that other shit that I've been working on, my favorite thing to do is still making movies, so as long as there is even one person on here willing to watch I still fully plan to finish this movie. I just happen to also be working on other things at the same time, not to mention it's the longest script I've ever written so finishing it will be a pretty daunting task. I guess what I'm saying is, you can still expect this movie at some point, but not soon.

#43 Nahton

Nahton

MovieStormer

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

That's awesome news that you took the leap on Stand up HME. I would think you'd be a natural based on your comedic writing skills and VO performances. Are you planning on any more performance dates?

#44 Geoff-uk

Geoff-uk

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Glad to see you haven't stopped work completely. Take your time and release it when it when it's done, I'll still watch it either way.
Requiem City Lockdown Teaser Trailer: http://www.tmundergr...Teaser-Trailer-
Requiem City Lockdown Production Thread: http://www.tmoaradio...oduction-Thread

#45 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

That's awesome news that you took the leap on Stand up HME. I would think you'd be a natural based on your comedic writing skills and VO performances. Are you planning on any more performance dates?

I am definitely planning on doing more stand up, performing my first set successfully was one of the most satisfying things I've ever experienced, so there's no way I'm not doing it again. I haven't done any since but I have been constantly writing more material and trying to figure out how to develop a style that's more my own, because I felt like I was a bit unnatural onstage emulating comics that have influenced me rather than having my own style. Although I think that's to be expected for anyone's first attempt.

#46 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

I've been working on this again lately, but the sheer length of my script is very intimidating to me while making the movie. I'm considering trying to split it into part 1 and part like I did for the previous Crime's Worst Nightmare so I can release something sooner. I'm still undecided though because I like the script the way it is and I don't really want to alter it to be split into 2 movies, but we'll see.
  • Johnny Ex likes this

#47 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Sometimes finding a way to split longer movies up in inventive/imaginative ways can add to the experience. And perhaps the vibes you get from completing and releasing part of it can push you to complete more of it. Plus Im greedy and would rather see part of this sooner than later. So theres my vote.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

I've been sidelined by some pretty severe health issues for most of this year, but that's over and done with and now I'm back to work on this. I've made a lot of progress over the past few days, now 5 more minutes of it are completely shot, edited, and voiced over. I am making the official release date of Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D February 4th, 2016. I picked that date for 2 reasons, 1. The plot of the movie involves Macauly and Muhammad stopping a presidential assassin during a presidential election so releasing it during the 2016 presidential primaries makes sense, and 2. It is the 10 year anniversary of the first movie I ever released, Get Laid or Die Trying 1, and it will be interesting to see how much I've progressed since I made that shitty movie when I was 14 years old. Here's a screenshot to prove I'm really still working on the movie.

senator%20fictional_zps8dv1cpw6.png

#49 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

I'm sorry you had health issues, but I'm glad you're feeling better. That's great that you're making progress. I like the screenie.

#50 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

Hahaha February 4th as a release date? That's cute, I don't know what late August of 2015 me was thinking. I'm now completely dead set on finishing this damn thing in the upcoming months. I'm back to working on this on a regular basis, but the sheer size and scope of this thing is like nothing I've ever worked on. This is by far the most plot heavy movie I've made with at least double the characters I've ever dealt with and way more plot threads to tie up than I'm used to. Because of that, I've been spending a lot of time revising the script, and trying to decide which the many alternate endings to go with, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with that. I have the first 10 minutes or so of the movie completely shot, voiced, and edited. I know this movie's been in production for a really long time and I've gone on a bunch of hiatuses from it but this is the home stretch. I swear it really is getting released in the somewhat near future for real this time. I'm shooting for April so it's 6 years since Crime's Worst Nightmare part 2 was released since this movie picks up directly after that one left off. Wait, holy shit it's been 6 years?

I'm also obligated to finish this soon because it centers around the 2016 presidential election. It's about fictional candidates, I made it a point to not be preachy with my political satire.

• TehPoptartKid likes this

#51 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

Officially returning for Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D is everyone's favorite fictional maid Juanita!

This would be the part where I would normally upload a screenshot of Juanita in the movie to verify what I just said but my print screen key isn't working so you're just  going to have to use your imagination.

#52 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:23 PM

Officially joining the cast of Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D is Macwemyss, reprising his role from Crime's Worst Nightmare part 2 as Rex the Airport Security Guy.

#53 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

I haven't worked on the movie at all in months. School, work, and my midget prostitute addiction are really eating up my time. I should have a big window of time in October to be able to work on it and hopefully I can finish it before the election in November because this movie is centered around a fictional 2016 presidential election. Speaking of which I just uploaded a campaign ad for one of the candidates in the presidential election from the movie. It's out of context so it appears to have nothing to do with Crime's Worst Nightmare, but it does. I feel obligated to upload something from the movie because I've been talking about it for so long with nothing to show, so without further ado here's the first scene from Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D: http://movies.tmunde...d-preview-scene

#54 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

So apparently earning a PhD in molecular biology eats up a bit of time, so I've all but disappeared, but I really haven't forgotten about this movie. It's a such a long and dense script that finishing it seems almost insurmountable at this point, so I've decided to release it in parts even though I originally really didn't want to. Crime's Worst Nightmare is officially Crime's Worst Nightmare 2D: The Miniseries. I should release something this year. 

• BiggsTrek, Johnny Ex and macwemyss like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)