45 replies to this topic

#21 Killian

Killian

...From the darkness, I return...

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

Welcome to TMU....

A modicum of patience to await a response would probably be best; not everyone can answer every question, unfortunately.

I never used Propshop as I understand nearly everything from there was made available in Stunts and Effects, so I can't help with this, I'm afraid.

#22 Uber

Uber

GTA 5 FTW!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

Please answer this immediatley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's no need to take a whole day or an entire millenium to give an advice or to do a new mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks

:sneaky2:People can take as long or as short a time as they like. We are all here for a hobbie. Patience is a virtue, i suggest you try some. Modding takes our time and effort, rushing just makes for sloppy work.

:33:Think out it, or do it yourself.
Posted Image

#23 martymcfly

martymcfly

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

where there is a will, there is a way

#24 SavageArtistry

SavageArtistry

goth gurl

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

I haven't had The Movies installed on my system for some time now, probably a year or two, and the other day I ran across a copy of Stunts & Effects on sale. I bought it, fully expecting to register it and be able to access the downloads on the official site, however I then discovered they'd basically shut down.

I just want to say THANK YOU for archiving and posting the content from the prop shop. :40::40::40:

#25 RobinHat

RobinHat

Duckweed Entertainment

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

I never used Propshop as I understand nearly everything from there was made available in Stunts and Effects, so I can't help with this, I'm afraid.

Is this true? I seem to remember seeing lots of stuff in the propshop that aren't in S&E. :33:

#26 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

Possibly; I never used TMO and therefore never used anything from the Propshop, but I'm sure I've seen/heard mention of this before. It would be good to get clarification from those who have used it, though.

#27 Rysto

Rysto

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

All the stuff in the prop shop is on the S&E disk with the exception of a few of the specially made costumes(I think the Japanese spy suit among others).
The items come on the disk, they are just not UNLOCKED. You need to make .ini files to make them available.

#28 SavageArtistry

SavageArtistry

goth gurl

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

All the stuff in the prop shop is on the S&E disk with the exception of a few of the specially made costumes(I think the Japanese spy suit among others).
The items come on the disk, they are just not UNLOCKED. You need to make .ini files to make them available.

Would this be the set of instructions to follow to create that .ini file? Now I'm wondering what will happen if I go ahead and install these prop shop downloads. I guess I could just check it out and see. I can always remove the files.

#29 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Ahh; the unlocking.ini is to allow you to start up sandbox mode games at the maximum year available to start (2000) with all the award rewards (the custom script office, the costume packs, etc) without having to play through the whole game.

As I haven't had the prop packs, I have no idea where they go or anything, unfortunately.

#30 Torqual

Torqual

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

The RANKPRIZE and STUNTRANKPRIZE settings in that Unlocking.ini file will unlock all sets and buildings that can be won by in-game achievements, but not those in the Prop Shop, which require(d) VC to unlock. VC was accumulated through publishing movies and giving/receiving feedback.

By the way, I hope no-one thought I was being impatient. Because I am very patient and don't expect anything from anybody. If MartyMcFly was suggesting this then I would suggest that he/she kindly puts a sock in it.

I don't believe the prop shop content was already on the disk; it was there so that Lionhead had a means to squeeze out new content.

#31 Guest_Dorian_ertymexx_*

Guest_Dorian_ertymexx_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

Maybe this is a silly question, but how do I make the propshop-stuff to show up ingame?

I have the patch and followed the instructions above, and I still can't see or use any new cool stuff. :/

#32 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:41 AM

Welcome to TMU.

Other than making sure you have them installed in the data\pak folder (which SHOULD make most of the costumes and items available in-game), there seems to be no clear way to make the two sets available (unless I'm doing something wrong, which I probably am ;)); I don't use them, so it's no loss to me if I can't get them to show up, but there is a potential fix for this available on the DCMF forums (in THIS THREAD); note, however, that messing with your game files is not really recommended unless you know what you're doing, or you can cause the game to stop working.

I presume that, when TMO was available, it made a .inf file available in your folders that allowed the use of the sets; other than that wild stab in the dark, that's me out of ideas, I'm afraid!

#33 Guest_Dorian_ertymexx_*

Guest_Dorian_ertymexx_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, I will try that. I have them in the right place, and nothing new is visible. I haven't tried downloading mods yet, but I fear that the same thing will happen there. I would really like to use new stuff for my movies. :)

#34 samyhouse

samyhouse

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

For your information

I noticed that by installing the propshop by machinimods that the Riley dress2prop is not working (It was working before I instal it and not after and worked again when I removed the propshop pack).
It also happened to another guy from french community.

#35 Wickedsi

Wickedsi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Where's the image to download?

Thanks

#36 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

I presume you mean "where are the files for download"?

In which case, they can be found here at Machinimods.

#37 Brad1983

Brad1983

Harris Films President

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

I tried both the link in the first post & the link in the last post and couldn't get the propshop. It just says the link doesn't exist.

#38 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

Unfortunately, the original site where it was hosted no longer exists and Machinimods is currently offline.

UPDATE: Machinimods is back up now, so the above link should work again... I think :)

Edited by Killian, 29 April 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#39 Psyckosama

Psyckosama

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Welcome to TMU.

Other than making sure you have them installed in the data\pak folder (which SHOULD make most of the costumes and items available in-game), there seems to be no clear way to make the two sets available (unless I'm doing something wrong, which I probably am ;)); I don't use them, so it's no loss to me if I can't get them to show up, but there is a potential fix for this available on the DCMF forums (in THIS THREAD); note, however, that messing with your game files is not really recommended unless you know what you're doing, or you can cause the game to stop working.

I presume that, when TMO was available, it made a .inf file available in your folders that allowed the use of the sets; other than that wild stab in the dark, that's me out of ideas, I'm afraid!

The link you gave in this post now directs directly to their front page. Would it be possible to get a new link?

#40 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

The link you gave in this post now directs directly to their front page. Would it be possible to get a new link?

You might want to send a PM to stvndysn - he's one of the founders of the DCMF site and can probably send you in the right direction to the thread (they redid their website, so old links don't work).

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users