• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hey Kids! What it time for?... The TMOA Idol 4 Competition ....

Do You have what it Takes to be declared by the Listeners of TMOA to be The TMOA Idol????

Here is how the contest will work. Starting today, Jan 30th, 2012, each singer will choose 3 songs of your own choice... That's right, All Three Songs will be of your own choosing... Remember, since you win by the number of votes you receive after each Round, use Strategery. Do you choose a very popular song? or a song that really shows of your talents?

If you cannot find a karaoke version of the songs of your choice, We will attempt to find the karaoke version of these songs, ready to add your wonderful, vocals... If it doesn't exist, make another selection.
If you need some assistance in how to record your voice to the music, I will provide you with technical details... (use Audacity) :whistling:

To be entered, you must submit your First Song to me, by E-Mail: aka.themonk@charter.net by Midnight, Friday, February 17th.
This is so we can premier the First Round of Songs on the 24 Ken and Cathy Sunday Anniversary Show! Best way to do this is by uploading the song to a file sharing site and emailing me the link. You want your song to sound the best when we play it on the show.

You can present the three songs in any order you choose....and this will be important.

Every song will be voted on and given points by the Listeners of TMOA. Each vote will give a rating of a '3, 2, or 1', with 3 being the best, 1 the worst. Votes for songs can be PM'ed or Emailed to me at aka.themonk@charter.net . Singers may vote for their own songs and the other contestants' song. More on voting rules on the Ballots that will be posted here in the Official TMOA Idol Thread!

We will premier the songs on the Ken and Cathy Show... Depending on how many contestants we get will depend on how many we can get on with one show... There the songs will be commented on by a panel of unsympathetic critics.
But the winner will be determined by the Votes of the Listeners.

You are encouraged to provide a link to your song for listening, or a link for downloading in this, the Official TMOA Idol 4 Thread...

All the Votes will be held in a Mayonnaise Jar.... yes, that Film of the Fortnight Mayo Jar.... Until all songs have been previewed and Played on Air.

If you think you can be the TMOA Idol.... You indicate your interest by Posting in This Thread.... You must have submitted a song to me by Midnight GMT February 17th to be Officially entered.

Prizes.... You betcha... a One Hundred Dollar Gift certificate from the Vendor of Your Choice....

Feb. 17th is the deadline for your first song... March 2nd is the deadline for the second song.. and March 16th the deadline for the final song....

I know that a long time between songs, but it gives the listeners time to Vote for your Masterpiece!

Here is a good way to put your song where everyone can listen to it. Make a quick movie and put it on TMUnderground, then put the movie/song in to the Idol Channel... check it out!

If you have won TMOA Idol in the past, you cannot win, but we encourage you to give us a song or two to give this year's Idolers something to shoot for!

Any questions? Just post them here in the Official TMOA Idol 4 thread!

Just remember to sing like nobody is listening and Dance like you just dont care!

themonk

Link to the Round One Songs:

http://www.mediafire...3k026wvk51pzbxe

Edited by themonk, 22 February 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#2 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Ooooh, I was wondering when this would be starting up again! I like the choice aspect this year, I think it will add more variety to the entries. Hopefully we'll see plenty more contestants this way... Now, I need to decide which songs I'm gonna do :)
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#3 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,201 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

Hmmmmm, I wonder............................................

Should I embarrass myself??????????????????????????????

Should I stay out of it??????????????????????????????????

Choices, choices, choices.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#4 fospherous

fospherous

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'll be sure to throw my hat in for this year.

#5 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm in!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

#6 Jake

Jake

Rapid Fire Studios Writer

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

I might give it a shot again.
Jake :mellow:

#7 joster285

joster285

Postal Dude

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hmm...

I might have to think about this because when it comes to singing, it's pretty much, for me, hit-and-miss/metal-sounding.

883c6e2b-f9b0-4d8e-bb90-773f138e2511_zps

Deadpool: Dimension X

Coming Soon

http://www.tmundergr...ALYPSE-WEEKEND-[CALIGULA-CUT]

#8 xxBabyLady08xx

xxBabyLady08xx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

me tooo :)

#9 Wishfullthinker

Wishfullthinker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I am in, unless this stupid cold I have doesn't go away in time. If it doesn't go away I may have to submit some foghorn impressions.

#10 clf

clf

Creator of SOF

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Here's my badgered 1st round attempt at singing a Nightwish song (yes I then committed sacrilege):

http://www.mediafire...ix7rftq2nxtjw32

Its called "Slow, Love, Slow" from their Imaginaerium album.

#11 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I made a little flyer for this and posted it in the Reallusion forums. If someone were so inclined to do so in the MovieStorm forums or elsewhere that would be lovely. Just link the image back to this thread.

The image url is: https://sites.google...1/tmoaidol4.jpg

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm a well-known glutton for punishment, so my first song can be found here:

http://www.4shared.c.../MOONDANCE.html

You can listen to it there or download it for your collection of things trashing up your hard drive.

#13 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

I made a little flyer for this and posted it in the Reallusion forums. If someone were so inclined to do so in the MovieStorm forums or elsewhere that would be lovely. Just link the image back to this thread.

The image url is: https://sites.google...1/tmoaidol4.jpg

Posted Image

Why, thank you Biz.... now be sure to enter a song or two!

#14 psylentknight

psylentknight

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm having trouble e-mailing it to you. Is there another way to get the music to you on time besides on here?

Edited by psylentknight, 12 February 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#15 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm having trouble e-mailing it to you. Is there another way to get the music to you on time besides on here?

I don't know exactly what problem you're having, but if you upload it to a file-sharing site and send Monk a link to the song, he will get it that way. The one I use and recommend is www.4shared.com. It's free, gives you 10 GB of space, and automatically converts your music to .mp3 format.
Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#16 xxBabyLady08xx

xxBabyLady08xx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hey all,
Here is my first song, Holding out for a Hero (yes the Shrek 2, Jennifer Saunders version hehe)

http://www.mediafire...iio47g3isgg6znm

Amy xx

#17 rgr

rgr

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'm a well-known glutton for punishment, so my first song can be found here:

http://www.4shared.c.../MOONDANCE.html

You can listen to it there or download it for your collection of things trashing up your hard drive.

You have a nice voice RPO. You articulate well too (nice vibrato, etc.). The rubato may not have been intentional, can't be sure, but it works pretty well wit this tune, and the backing track is pretty darned good too!

Bonus points for the scat singing. :)

Nice job!

rgr

#18 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Here's my embarrassing take on The Doors.

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#19 MalletPropStudios

MalletPropStudios

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Okay, here's my "Vienna" by Billy Joel

- Keith_MPS (Mallet Prop Studios)

The wonderful karaoke backing track was made by LarryTheTubaBoy
http://www.youtube.c...LarryTheTubaBoy

Edited by MalletPropStudios, 13 February 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#20 Rik Vargard

Rik Vargard

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Can't wait to hear the songs!
Last year was a good one, so :54:....you guys had one year to train...!

:sorcerer:Rik
:sorcerer: Rik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users