Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Does anyone get macca's name right?
Posted Image

#42 goofparade

goofparade

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

Mac sounds about right. Who needs to remember all those extra letters what with the booze and all?

Any chance someone could link all of the songs to one easy to use page for convenient re-play?

I'd do it... but I have to take the garbage out.

Edited by goofparade, 22 February 2012 - 05:59 AM.
sillyrabbitricksareforkids

#43 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Mac sounds about right. Who needs to remember all those extra letters what with the booze and all?

Any chance someone could link all of the songs to one easy to use page for convenient re-play?

I'd do it... but I have to take the garbage out.

all of the individual round songs will be linked for download on the Ballot page for that round...

If you missed the show, you can download at:

http://www.mediafire...3k026wvk51pzbxe

#44 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

In response to several contestants who sent me links to Youtube or similar... I need a link to your song.mp3 file. The only way I can use the YouTube song is by playing the song on YouTube, and recording it so we have an .mp3 file to play on the air. The recording of a compressed song on YouTube, and then Recompressing it again causes loss of quality. And you want people to vote on your song after hearing the best quality possible? Right?

If you cant put your file on a file sharing site, try to add it as an attachment to your Email. If that doesnt work... we will just have to use the YouTube method.

Thanks for your cooperation! :1:

#45 twilit.tera

twilit.tera

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hmm. I asked about this during the show last weekend, and got a response, but I want to confirm that it was correct. Bruce and I want to enter for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, even though we weren't in the first. We'd have one song each, singing duet on one of them and alternating solos each round.

Dulci said that we could, but I'm not going to take that for gospel (sorry, D). Especially after re-reading the initial post which said something about registering by the 17th to be officially entered. :(

May I please have some confirmation/clarification?

Thanks!

#46 rgr

rgr

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hmm. I asked about this during the show last weekend, and got a response, but I want to confirm that it was correct. Bruce and I want to enter for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, even though we weren't in the first. We'd have one song each, singing duet on one of them and alternating solos each round.

Dulci said that we could, but I'm not going to take that for gospel (sorry, D). Especially after re-reading the initial post which said something about registering by the 17th to be officially entered. :(

May I please have some confirmation/clarification?

Thanks!

I don't have the chat logs anymore, but I'm 99% sure Monk said it was fine too. The only problem is that you will have 0 points for the first round. That's not a big deal though as many of us also have 0 points for the first round -- and we submitted songs! :)

#47 twilit.tera

twilit.tera

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Well, the way I see it, it's only fair, since Bruce and I are effectively teaming up and will be sharing the prize, should we win, for us to take that first round penalty.

In the interest of fair play and all. ;)

#48 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Entering the competition on the second round hasnt been done, but seeing as how its MY rules, and I am flexible, I seen no problem. You will have the penalty of no first round votes, and the winner is the one with the most total votes, it certainly is a handicap.

This is much the same as someone who enters Round one.... but then never does a song for round 2 or round 3.

The whole concept is for us to hear the talents of people in the community, and have some fun with it.

Go For It! :w00t:

#49 rgr

rgr

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

OK, so I know nobody cares but me, but I originally did "Landslide" with a bad cold and a weak voice, and the mic gain was way up to try and compensate, and it took so long to learn the piano part that I had no time left in my schedule to fix up the audio. Anyway, all the sibilant noise and background mic noise really bothered me, as did a few voice cracks. I finally got around to fixing it up. The difference is not really noticeable unless you listen to it loud, and even then maybe not too noticeable, but it was annoying the hell out of me.

So, here is the original and the "remastered" version:

http://www.4shared.c...a_idol_-_1.html

http://www.4shared.c..._tmoa_idol.html

I like the engineering side of this stuff probably as much as the performing, so if anybody wants help with mixing songs or whatever, let me know (either on this thread, or PM).

#50 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Continuing my year of risky singing, here is my rendition of "Blinded by the Light":

http://www.4shared.c..._THE_LIGHT.html

Maybe next year I should enter as the Wogglebug....:crying:
Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#51 rgr

rgr

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

This is my second entry:

For some reason, this is no longer presenting me with an mp3 player widget, but I'm not sure if it's a problem on my side or not.

Anyway, there it is.

rgr

#52 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

This is my second entry:

For some reason, this is no longer presenting me with an mp3 player widget, but I'm not sure if it's a problem on my side or not.

Anyway, there it is.

rgr

No, it's doing the same thing with me.
Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#53 xxBabyLady08xx

xxBabyLady08xx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Round two
It's All Coming Back To Me Now : http://www.mediafire...218wwxp50ekcp2d
Hope you guys like it xx

#54 MalletPropStudios

MalletPropStudios

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Some great stuff in round 2.

Unfortunately for me, the song I made sounded about 100x better when I sang it in the car vs in front of the microphone. Now I'm scrambling :) I still have a few days.

#55 rgr

rgr

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Some great stuff in round 2.

Unfortunately for me, the song I made sounded about 100x better when I sang it in the car vs in front of the microphone. Now I'm scrambling :) I still have a few days.

That happens to me a lot. I guess when I hear myself through headphones, I get a better sense of what I really sound like. I also think I'm less inhibited in the car. When I actually have the time, I set up my gear in my car, bring some blankets for extra sound dampening, and i record in the car! I haven't been able to do it for any of these songs though ...

#56 goofparade

goofparade

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

This is my second entry:

Anyway, there it is.

rgr

Heard it, you made it work. Nice to hear all the happy singing!

Edited by goofparade, 01 March 2012 - 05:32 AM.
gramer cops beatin at my dour!

#57 kwistufa

kwistufa

Chaff

• Moderators
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Maybe next year I should enter as the Wogglebug....:crying:

Or maybe Not at all...

:P

Edited by kwistufa, 01 March 2012 - 09:12 AM.
Something happened

#58 KissofJudas

KissofJudas

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

ROUND TWO: FIGHT!!

My entry: "Lift" by Poets of the Fall

My voice never sounds as good recorded as it does coming out of my head :( oh well. I give it my all every time~

#59 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Some good entries for round two! I really liked what you did with your song Richard (rgr), was that you playing guitar as well?

I had a couple of ideas in mind where I was gonna perform my own backing track but the cut-off date kinda snuck up on me lol so I'll need to save that for the last round... so here's my version of the classic Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. Not as polished as I would've liked but I enjoyed doing it nonetheless.. makes a change not having to belt out the song haha :P

http://www.4shared.c...restraits1.html
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#60 animatechnica

animatechnica

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

wow some very impressive entries

REALITY IS WHAT YOU RENDER
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic