63 replies to this topic

#41 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Done.

Coolio, another toolbar bookmark not needed.

Olli definitely wins the review count by a huge landslide... It's not even remotely close. ;) I think the next closest was 3500 or so.

And, in Cambridge, a trumpet player weeps :)

I, for one, spend hours clicking around this. Great fun, and incredibly time wasting :o

We even get 6HM's obliterated studio back. Man, he reviewed a shitload!

Just a great internet byway to wander around Riley, you are, indeed, the man :)

#42 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Interesting fact - I reviewed far more than I ever thought I had done! (though of course, compared to others.....)

This is fun. I like that you can see what average rating you gave to others (I'm afraid I was some kind of hobo :001_tt2:), how often your reviews were featured.... and how many strange studio names there were, which I never heard of before!

#43 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

Interesting fact - I reviewed far more than I ever thought I had done! (though of course, compared to others.....)

This is fun. I like that you can see what average rating you gave to others (I'm afraid I was some kind of hobo :001_tt2:), how often your reviews were featured.... and how many strange studio names there were, which I never heard of before!

I felt the same "hobo" thing sisch, but I honestly think it reflects the fact that people (unless they had a review thread) tended to watch films they perceived to be worthwhile. Seeing, in such stark terms, just how many films were out there, it's almost overwhelming.
Mind you, I still think cream rises :)

#44 Jase180

Jase180

Villain

• Administrators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

Whats awesome is everyone can see what a dickwad cruise1970 is with his one star hobo "FU" reviews of my films before he left tmo.

I also noticed, when I review, I can either be really helpful or a total asshat, which seems to have evolved over time.

I also noticed that Norrie made a really funny comedy I gave 5 stars.

Norrie. Made a comedy. Follow me on this

I also gave 5 stars to a film called 'The Gay", which by my review, musta been really funny and not a horrible film as the title suggested.

242 reviews, man thats not alot at all

and I think Chris is gunna sock me in the head..lol

The Most I ever got was 58. And alot of people liked my Camera Obscura teaser-which I didnt recall it being a solid concept at all, but I may revisit that one.....

#45 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

You mean like this

Holy crap, that's a lot of movies watched :o

Here's how I linked his page; I used Safari, but I'm hoping IE or FF will work the same way:
Right click anywhere in the frame containing the studio stats.
Open frame in new window or tab.
Use that URL to link.

Thanks Norrie, I knew there must be a way (other than maybe "copy link location" when hovering over a studio link?)

Rileyman, you can ignore this if it's too much trouble or just worthless, but I was wondering if you could add some more stats at the top of the studio pages?

Like Total Reviews Received (like we used to have) and maybe Total Hot Picks (if that's available - I didn't notice any Hotpick info...)?

:22:

[EDIT: Just noticed something odd... I have a double review in one of my movies "Some Of Us (by Ally Miller)"

- mixmasterfestus

Loved it. Really nicely shot and edited :)

Especially liked that ending.

Posted on May 6, 2007
- mixmasterfestus

Posted on May 6, 2007]

Edited by BiggsTrek, 18 December 2008 - 08:28 PM.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#46 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thanks Norrie, I knew there must be a way (other than maybe "copy link location" when hovering over a studio link?)

Rileyman, you can ignore this if it's too much trouble or just worthless, but I was wondering if you could add some more stats at the top of the studio pages?

Like Total Reviews Received (like we used to have) and maybe Total Hot Picks (if that's available - I didn't notice any Hotpick info...)?

:22:

[EDIT: Just noticed something odd... I have a double review in one of my movies "Some Of Us (by Ally Miller)"

- mixmasterfestus

Posted on May 6, 2007
- mixmasterfestus

Posted on May 6, 2007]

Jeepers Biggs. Just jeepers :(

#47 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Jeepers Biggs. Just jeepers :(

What do you mean?

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#48 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

What do you mean?

Ah Biggsy, I mean that you consistently damn with faint praise.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it tiresome. A simple "thanks" to Riley or Ken would be nice... even separate threads might do for your "suggestions".

That's what I mean.

#49 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

I also noticed that Norrie made a really funny comedy I gave 5 stars.

Norrie. Made a comedy. Follow me on this

Holy crap! Thanks to the power of sensible backups (sorry RogerS, K4, et al) I found the trl of this Jase 5 star film!

No S&E, no VOs... actually, I'll leave it there. Now on TMU for those interested (I like the music)

#50 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Ah Biggsy, I mean that you consistently damn with faint praise.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it tiresome. A simple "thanks" to Riley or Ken would be nice... even separate threads might do for your "suggestions".

That's what I mean.

I seem to remember posting a reply along the lines of "I am overwhelmed. This is so cool." but you seem to have overlooked that.

And I am certainly NOT damning anything in regard to this brilliant achievement. All I am doing to ASKING if something is possible and also pointing out a weird anomaly. Nothing more, nothing less.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#51 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

I seem to remember posting a reply along the lines of "I am overwhelmed. This is so cool." but you seem to have overlooked that.

And I am certainly NOT damning anything in regard to this brilliant achievement. All I am doing to ASKING if something is possible and also pointing out a weird anomaly. Nothing more, nothing less.

OK. Maybe just me being over sensitive.

#52 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

Yeah -- I felt the site was best placed in frames, so it does make it a bit trickier to bookmark a specific page. That's one thing we'll have to live with.

I'm not sure the hotpick info was captured... I'll look at it a bit and see how much it might take to add some of that info. It won't be a priority for me though -- it'd take easily a full 36 hours or so just to re-upload all the studio pages. :surrender:

#53 Karl Brown

Karl Brown

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Nice concept. Interestingly, I seem to have found a Studio which carried the name rude_boy_studios. Someone might note, that though my Studio "Login" name had been KarlBrown, I titled all my own films with Rude Boys Studio. Hm.

I appreciate the web service provided here. Applause, as I'm not wearing a hat for which I might tip.

#54 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Yeah -- I felt the site was best placed in frames, so it does make it a bit trickier to bookmark a specific page. That's one thing we'll have to live with.

I'm not sure the hotpick info was captured... I'll look at it a bit and see how much it might take to add some of that info. It won't be a priority for me though -- it'd take easily a full 36 hours or so just to re-upload all the studio pages. :surrender:

Thanks Riley. If it's possible and easy, then great. But if not, then no problem either. I was just throwing out some ideas (it's in my nature. Tiresome though it might seem to some... ;) )

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#55 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Nope, didn't overlook that. Nor did I edit it along any lines.

"I am overwhelmed. This is so cool. Now we can go through and make a shame list of those studios that didn't leave many reviews!!! (OK, maybe not...)"

I'll admit I'm in the wrong here, thinking you always counter your thanks with some form of insidious criticism. No problem.

#56 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

I'll admit I'm in the wrong here, thinking you always counter your thanks with some form of insidious criticism. No problem.

I'm so glad you don't think that, Norrie. Because to imply such a thing about me would be very insulting indeed, and completely unfounded, untrue and unwarranted.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#57 riott007

riott007

Goats Fuck Holla

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

riley..this is so kewl!

I just read the over 700 reviews that I have made ..and realized that I nearly sexually harassed everybody that I came into contract with. (SUCK on that people!!)

#58 goofparade

goofparade

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

riley..this is so kewl!

I just read the over 700 reviews that I have made ..and realized that I nearly sexually harassed everybody that I came into contract with. (SUCK on that people!!)

Of course! That's what attracted me to you in the first place.
:kiss:

#59 MarvellousGuppi

MarvellousGuppi

Getting back into modding

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

Woohoo, I reviewed a massive 158 movies. (not bad for 3 years)
Five 1 star reviews (2 of which were to Roger)

I'm pretty sure I watched more movies than that though (160 probably)

Nice one Riley and Norrie.

Riley, shouldn't you be running NASA or something?

mGm

#60 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

Depends... do we really want the space shuttle do run on the command line? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users