• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

The TMO Review Archive has been moved to its new home. The link along the left of this site has been updated. But for anyone who might have bookmarked the site, update your bookmarks to the new URL:

http://www.tmoaradio.com/tmo-archive/

If anyone notices a page missing or linked improperly, let me know (via PM or in this thread). :)
  • Johnny Ex likes this

#62 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

Rileyman, I was curious if you ever tallied the total number of reviews from TMO? Also wondering about the tally for "Winning Movies". I see Josephkw had 8. Anyone have more than that? Perhaps this is not easy to find out ion which case never mind..

Edited by thebiz, 15 April 2015 - 03:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Riley can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the answer is, sadly, no.

What he apparently did to create the archive was scrape the TMO website in the final days - automagically going from movie page to movie page, studio page to studio page, capturing the actual HTML of each page and tucking it away on another server. I just took a look at it on the server, and it's just a directories, containing either three movie html pages and associated thumbnails, or a subset of studio names based on the first two letters of the name - roughly two and a half gigs of files.

In theory I could download the whole thing and determine how many movies and how many studios are archived, but beyond that, it would have to be done manually, counting the reviews on each page. Volunteers?

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#64 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Actually, everything got stored in an MS Access database. It's totally possible to do all sorts of counts, aggregates, statistics, etc.

Restoring my old website, mod packs, and movies at http://www.riley-man.com/

Trying my hand at MovieStorm, making some really immature parodies on my Totally Over the Top Fake News channel to amuse myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users