• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

On the Watch! page, a similar search box has been added. Start typing the title of a movie, and a drop-down box will appear with a list of matching movie titles (with the studio name in brackets). Click on a title to jump to the movie page.

Some additional search filters will be available soon...

#22 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

The additional search filters are now available on the Watch! page. (You might need to click refresh in your browser once for them to appear.)

In general, you will want to choose your filter criteria first, and then click inside the "Search for a movie title containing" box. As long as you have at least one filter field entered, the drop-down list of movie titles should appear shortly.

If you only want to search for movies from a particular studio, start typing the studio name in the "Filter movies by studio" box.

You can also filter by any combination of category, or by any date range. Clicking inside the "Added on or after" or "Added prior to" boxes will bring up a calendar chooser. For example, to find all movies released in November 2009: Choose Nov. 1, 2009 for "on or after", and Dec. 1, 2009 for "prior to".

#23 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Just saw the date range abilities. Great work Rileyman! Something I have been hoping for for quite a while. Huzzah!

Edit - But where the search button? Ive put in the dates but dont know how to submit it...hehe...Im serious.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 rileyman

rileyman

It's NOT a tumour!

• Advisers
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

After you've chosen your search criteria, just click inside the "search for a movie title containing" field. Wait for a second, and the drop-down will appear that lists the filtered movie titles.

In short, you're not "submitting" the form -- you're just choosing search criteria for the left-most input field. It's not tied to a submit button, nor to the rest of the page. A bit non-standard I guess... I'll look into maybe having the drop-down appear as soon as you enter at least one criteria field...

Update: Done -- choose a studio, or choose a category, or choose a complete date range; and the video list should popup within a second or so.

#25 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,737 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I've ALWAYS thought the TMU channels page was an extremely underused option. http://www.tmundergr....com/groups.php
While I'm all for The Movies Spain channel being a front page channel, but isnt there a way for our classic and by far the most popular channels to grace said page?
Channels with many members and videos; Dark Side, SuperUniverse, Galaxy at War, Dulci and Sisch's channels, IClone, Bizness In The Front...
I realize these featured channels are in the discretion of the moderator over there and she has alot of stuff to deal with, but theres gotta be a way to "expand" the page and perhaps even cut the workload with having to not even have to make a decision on features. The big channels would be in place right there for her...
I know Ive crowed about this before and Ken has told me to "ask Rileyman".
Rileyman, any thoughts to the probable limitations at that space?
Posted Image

#26 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

I've ALWAYS thought the TMU channels page was an extremely underused option. http://www.tmundergr....com/groups.php
While I'm all for The Movies Spain channel being a front page channel, but isnt there a way for our classic and by far the most popular channels to grace said page?
Channels with many members and videos; Dark Side, SuperUniverse, Galaxy at War, Dulci and Sisch's channels, IClone, Bizness In The Front...
I realize these featured channels are in the discretion of the moderator over there and she has alot of stuff to deal with, but theres gotta be a way to "expand" the page and perhaps even cut the workload with having to not even have to make a decision on features. The big channels would be in place right there for her...
I know Ive crowed about this before and Ken has told me to "ask Rileyman".
Rileyman, any thoughts to the probable limitations at that space?

I just recently switched around the featured Channels to mix things up. Until about 2 days ago, the featured Channels included many of the ones you have listed, or they've been featured at other times. I don't see any reason not to vary the featured channels on occasion.

If you have a specific channel you think should be featured, just send me a PM.

#27 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,737 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

I guess the real question is can we expand the front page list?
To include those fine selections AND other "popular" channels, say 20 (just a round number) or something like that...
I couldnt agree more with varying the list on occasion, you do a great job there, we lubya...:001_wub:
I'm not complaining, I just think its an underused and undiscovered vehicle to artist/audience...
Posted Image

#28 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

I guess the real question is can we expand the front page list?
To include those fine selections AND other "popular" channels, say 20 (just a round number) or something like that...
I couldnt agree more with varying the list on occasion, you do a great job there, we lubya...:001_wub:
I'm not complaining, I just think its an underused and undiscovered vehicle to artist/audience...

There's a tab on the front page for "Top Video Channels" (along the side column, under the "Tags" list). I have expanded that to show 20, but I don't know how it selects the top ones - looks pretty random to me. Now, THAT is a question for Riley :)

#29 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,737 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Hate to beat this to death...
IF ya click "most popular" as a choice for channels that's basically a dead link, "ascending" or descending", always has been.
That will show you channels with 1 or 2 or no members ascending, then completely tweek out as descending.
I'm just sayin...
Posted Image

#30 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

File this one under, learning something new every day...

Check out Nukester's TMU Profile Page. Scroll on down to the bottom to see his very cool personalized profile that includes a groovy poster and even a little music player. Neat eh?

He created this by including html content in the Personalization Tab of the Edit my Profile page. You can also apparently change background colors of the page and a whole lot of other little things using css style sheets (for you web savy folks). Definitely something to play with on a rainy day.

#31 animatechnica

animatechnica

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

oooh good tip

thanks!

REALITY IS WHAT YOU RENDER
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#32 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Just a reminder on this one:

When I try to embed my video from another site, it fills up too much of the screen. What should I do?

In your embed code, you'll need to change it to width="455" height="369" to get the best results. Make sure you change it in both the object and embed tags.

#33 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Like the chinese fortune cookie says....embed, embed embed. Putting your flick on another site (vimeo, youtube, elsewhere) and embedding it on tmu takes no additional upload time, gives you the ability to select the thumbnail, seems to have less issues than the TMU sharemixer software and queues up much faster for viewing. Plus you can access additional view stats that may not be available on TMU. But be aware of the height and width tags as Dulci mentioned below.

Someone might feel differently but I don't think uploading elsewhere and embedding on TMU lessens the TMU brand. It remains the central location for watching machinima.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users