• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 Killian

Killian

...From the darkness, I return...

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

Hmmm... possibly could be a corrupted or not upto date codec installed... let's start with the obvious ones.

1) Have you updated any codecs recently or d/l anything that may have had an updated codec? (Could be an issue with a conflict).

2) If 1) was no, you could try it :)

3) Is this an export format you have used previously with no problems?

4) Were you doing anything else at the time or just exporting the film? (Have had errors in encoding myself previously when I've alt-tabbed or done something else while it's been ticking away and had a similar issue)

#22 sgporsche48

sgporsche48

Rock! Flag! Eagle!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:43 AM

Haven't updated anything to my knowledge and don't know how to check this.

New problem: Everything has slowed down immensely when I put it in the editor. Sounds that are like half a second long now take 2 seconds and have been slowed down. Help!

#23 sgporsche48

sgporsche48

Rock! Flag! Eagle!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

I've fixed my latest problem: reset the program settings to default and really not sure what happened to make it play everything back at a milisecond a second. I'm going to be doing another export this week to see if the problem about the codec is still there and if so then I'll definitely be doing some snooping in the program.

#24 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

You using a custom preset for exporting?

I ask as I had a similar problem to yours earlier on and found out it was my preset file that was screwed. Something to bear in mind if you get a repeat of the same thing...

#25 sgporsche48

sgporsche48

Rock! Flag! Eagle!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

I reset everything to the standard settings in magix and I got the same error message:

During export with an external video codec, an error has occurred. Please check and adjust the export settings (resolution, frame rate, etc.). If experiencing difficulties, it is recommended to resort to standard settings.

and then when I click export (in order to get to the export settings, as this is the only way I know how to) I get this:

Error in module "lr50_32.dll" (Load address: 0x0fa50000) to address 0x0fa84d4b. Exception 0xc0000005 "ACCESS_VIOLATION"

Help?

#26 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:46 AM

That's bizarre... didn't know this error code so googled it and found this as the only hit for that .dll. It sounds like it could possibly be corruption in the file.... you might need to re-install Magix.

Bit out of my league here if it's a system problem. You could try looking at the support forums for it, though, and seeing if it's a known problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

#27 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

Is anyone running into sound sync issues exporting from MEP14Plus? Been seeing a lot of post on other forums complaining about this issue.

#28 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Not had any issues myself that I've noticed... I always tend to play the whole thing through 2 or 3 times to check any obvious glaring errors when it's all packed together in the project file, just prior to exporting, and not noticed any major issues with it here.

It could be down to the codec you are exporting with, I suppose...

#29 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

Mac man with Final Cut Express gloats insufferably.

(yet make few movies? Go figure) :huh:

#30 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

Has anyone had any luck using the screen capture recording in Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus? I hit record and get nothin but an empty file. Changed formats, exclude sound, doesnt seem to matter. Erg

#31 Norrie

Norrie

Banned

• Banned
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

I know Sisch is using Magix' screen capture in her latest production.
I'm sure she'll be able to sort you out when next she surfaces from the depth of MS.

#32 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Has anyone had any luck using the screen capture recording in Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus? I hit record and get nothin but an empty file. Changed formats, exclude sound, doesnt seem to matter. Erg

Mhm.. not sure.. how do you go about it?
When I hit the record button, I get a pop-up where I can choose "screen". Next comes the helpscreen, and then it asks you for the format you want to record in. So far, I recorded without sound only -

I choose MVX - user defined format - settings are 1280x720 in my case, framerate 17 (because X³ reunion uses that rate), 16:9, Interlace modus: progressive.

Next comes a little window which gives me the option to choose if I want to see the mouse movement, the window I record in, the dialogue.. I adjust the window and hit record.
Voilà.

It might be you chose the wrong framerate - the more you record a chosen program, the more easily Magix is able to adjust the framerate, though it might be that your version looks and works different to mine (I've got deluxe 15 premium, and to make it more complicated, the english and german program names differ).

Hope you can gleen some useful information from these ramblings....

#33 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

I have recorded some successfully and failed at other attempts. Havent had a full testing period but my thinking this morning has to do with how I stop the recording, as I seem to be successful when I use the tray icon to stop instead of the stop button. Weird huh. Will test some more tonight.

#34 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

Actually, the tray button doesn't do it for me - I have to hit the stop button (even though the manual says the tray button should work).

#35 Sparky

Sparky

In the Shadows

• Administrators
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Ok, one for the OS editing community (which already includes me i know, but we are all still earning).

So, on with my point.....

Looking for tips/advice on creating a good 'reflection' effect i.e. seeing the persons back and also their reflection moving in time with them in a mirror. I have a few ideas but would like to know if anyone has met with great (or any) success with this effect?

cheers

Posted Image

#36 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Biggsy did something similar (see his post on the OE Tips thread); just off the top of my head, am thinking shoot the same scene twice from front and back (front one with a blue/greenscreen "mirror" behind the actors), composite the two together and add a "reflection" effect onto the mirror-shot. Not sure how well it would come out and might need some practising to get the shot looking right, but it should work.

#37 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

Ok, one for the OS editing community (which already includes me i know, but we are all still earning).

So, on with my point.....

Looking for tips/advice on creating a good 'reflection' effect i.e. seeing the persons back and also their reflection moving in time with them in a mirror. I have a few ideas but would like to know if anyone has met with great (or any) success with this effect?

cheers

Oookaaay... once you've filmed the character you want to mirror from back and front, go to your editor of choice and put the one you want as "mirror" in the slot above the backshot. Next thing, go to visual effects and flip the mirror image (so that it's actually mirrored). Next make the "mirror" image somewhat translucent by simply approximately "halving" the film - like you make sounds in Magix louder or lower. You now should see both images overlayed over one another.

Next comes the tricky part - adjusting the "mirror" image so that the perspective is right; you do that by going to "image size and position" and fiddling... if need be you have to do some 3D changes, too.

There's a lot of fiddling involved, actually! :) I tend to do a very slight "blur" effect on the mirror image, so that it looks as if it's a reflection. A mirror image in an actual mirror is harder to do realistically than someone mirrored in a window... because it involves even more fiddling with perspective, and you don't have the benefit of making it translucent, which hides little imperfections. I did a mirror effect in "Intermediate" and was never entirely satisfied with it....

Edit: for a mirror- mirror effect it would probably be best to make the mirror in the first scene a greenscreen, so that you can put the mirror scene into that, come to think of it. :)

... and I think I've said mirror too often! :P

Edited by sisch, 21 November 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#38 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Biggsy did something similar (see his post on the OE Tips thread); just off the top of my head, am thinking shoot the same scene twice from front and back (front one with a blue/greenscreen "mirror" behind the actors), composite the two together and add a "reflection" effect onto the mirror-shot. Not sure how well it would come out and might need some practising to get the shot looking right, but it should work.

That's Mr Biggsy to you, son. ;)

Oh, and this is the thing I did. The camera movement is minimal, almost unnoticeable, but it's there.

http://biggstrek.goo...GenDMirror2.wmv

Required just thinking "laterally inverted" when making up the secondary shot and picturing what the mirrored image would look like and making a shot to match (at least that's what I did. There's probably a better way but I tend to do things by guesswork.)

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#39 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

It looks very good, Biggsy!

#40 TINMAN

TINMAN

Who's Your Daddy?

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

Tis a reflection of your genius-ness! Very nice!
K4

Posted Image

FOLLOW JAMES EASTMAN on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users