Software Technical Help

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I still having the lighting problem. I made a trailer as short as probably 2min. and the director just wont listen but when I did the first time around The hallway part 1 it did just fine (I trained the characters on sets maybe that help.) Second I don't have an outside editor besides power director and movie maker. Thirdly I reduced the scenes to 56 scenes because I want to add music to the movie which is 10min long. Forth do you think it could be that the save game with same name could cause the issue to?

#102 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

My movie has a lot of dark scenes do you think the movies software makes them lighter when filming?

#103 Wailwulf

Wailwulf

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

As I mentioned, Power Director and MovieMaker should be fine. You just need to test it.

For the highest quality image, record your scenes in game with something akin to FRAPs. The FRAPs demo allows you to record your video in 30 second chunks (longest scene in The Movies is 28 seconds I believe). While the FRAPs demo will put a water mark in the top center of your image, it can be removed by cropping, which you will need to do anyways to remove the rest of the game's mechanics.

Any decent video editor will allow you to lighten and darken scenes and shots.

For me, I record with FRAPs. Then use VirtualDub (it is free) to crop the image, enhance the colors, the contrast and make lighter or darker. With the proper filters, you can do some amazing stuff with VirtualDub, it just takes practice and experimentation.

Then I put the shots in my video editor to make my film. And the best way to learn a video editor is to try and experiment and see what you can do.

You can have all of the expensive, professional tools and easily make a crap film. But you can have all the cheap and free tools available and make a wonderfully compelling and entertaining film.

It is good content and solid technique make a film enjoyable.
What I have learned about what it takes to do Modding is, one needs a thick head, a strong back, and a sledge hammer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#104 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

The other day I downloaded more employment mod to increase employment in the game so I can unlock more things with in game but it does does it appear to be working. I flowed the directions clearly or do I have to start a new game in order for the mod to take place. here are the directions. This is the movie game
How to install.

1. Unzip the file, this will create a folder called 'employeemod'

2. Find the location of 'the movies' (default c:\program files\lionhead studios ltd\the movies)

3. Open the 'data' folder at this location

4. Open the 'data' folder inside the 'employeemod' folder

5. Copy all folders from inside the 'employeemod' folder in to the 'the movies\data' folder

6. This will mod the game to give you more people coming to your studio to hire.

#105 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

This is downloaded from The Movies 3D.

#106 Wailwulf

Wailwulf

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

I installed this mod a few years ago so I downloaded and looked at the file set up of the mod from the Movies 3D site. It looks fine the way it is set up.

Did you try starting a new game? If not, start a sandbox game where the studio is prebuilt and see if the hiring facilities become full of wannabee employees.

If not, check to see if you accidentally put The mod's Data folder into the Game's Data folder. If the game's Data folder contains a Data folder with in it, the the mod was most likely mis placed. Move the lowest level Data folder up to the game folder. You should be asked if you want to combine the two folders, say yes.

The other thing is you may have placed the contents of the mod (Facility folder and Global.ini file) into the main game folder instead of the data folder. So if the main game folder contains the Facility folder and a global.ini file, select them and place them in the Data folder.

If that doesn't work, post an image that shows your folder layout within The Movies Game. Here is an example of what I mean for the game Red`Baron 3D (I am currently noton my computer that has The Movies)

Posted Image
What I have learned about what it takes to do Modding is, one needs a thick head, a strong back, and a sledge hammer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#107 lefty2000

lefty2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGalveston Texas

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

MED can extract sound files (lug) from The Movies Game, but you need an app to convert them to a playable format.  It seems to me I had such an app once, but I no longer have it.  Anybody know what that would be?

#108 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationEarth, Sol System

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

That would be the GAP_LUG File TM Sound Files extractor of which i have a copy 

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users