amazon book trailer contest iclone

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dolittlesaymuch

Dolittlesaymuch

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi, everyone. I'm not exactly new here, but I've mostly kept quiet since joining. I'm not aloof--I'm just very shy when it comes to large groups of people, although that passes quickly once I get to know you and realize you don't bite. LOL! I'm way out of my comfort zone here by posting this, but if I don't tell you guys what's happening with one of my machinima films, you'll likely never know. So here goes. . . .

I submitted a machinima entry to an Amazon Studios contest that's being held to find a book trailer for Ania Ahlborn's horror novel Seed. (Great novel, by the way, for all you readers out there.) It's not a machinima contest; it's open to all forms of filmmaking including live action. Yet so far, my video has a nice lead in the ratings, and it's beginning to look like I might take the fan vote even if I don't win the contest.

Why does this matter to anyone here? Because winning this contest would be a significant coup for machinima directors across the board. It will put machinima even more prominently on the mainstream map, even as a commercial marketing tool. I've had a really strong showing of comments and ratings from the literary community, and at this point I'm thinking it would make one heck of a statement if the machinima community would show up en force as well.

Do I want to win for personal reasons? Duh. Of course I do. But there's more at stake here than just me snagging a cash prize. If a machinima film beats out live action in an Amazon Studios contest, that will introduce our favorite art form to a world of viewers who might never have heard of it otherwise.

So I encourage everyone to at least check it out at this URL: http://studios.amazo...er/videos/25048 . My video is #21. And if you choose to register with Amazon Studios in order to comment or rate my entry, that will be okay, too. :-) (Registration only requires a username and password, not two quarts of blood and a kidney or anything like that.) It would truly be a great day if an iClone machinima beats every other format of film submitted.

Thank you!
Rhonda (dolittlesaymuch)

#2 garyoke

garyoke

Gary-oh-key

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

There is a reason your trailer is leading lol it is by far the best of the lot and well worth a look by the great directors at this site!
You are right they didn't ask for a kidney and it took no more than two min. of my time and that included watching your video!:punk:

It would be nice to be able to tell my friends that I make machinima and not have them laugh while I try to explain what it is lol

I hope that when the contest is over (after you win) that you upload it here:yes:

Gary

G-TV STUDIOS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Dolittlesaymuch

Dolittlesaymuch

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hi, Gary! I'd love to upload it here, but I'm not sure what rules might apply if I win. I think Amazon secures certain rights to workproduct published with them. . .I'll need to read the fine print a little more closely. Should have read it more closely to start with, but even if they retain all rights it wouldn't have changed my mind about entering the contest. The machinima is event-specific, and while I'm very proud of the machinima, I realized from the get-go that I was making it for Ania Ahlborn, not for myself.

Thank you for encouraging people to watch it. Naturally, I hope lots of folks do. :wink: It's only 90 seconds, but I packed every bit of story and cool iClone effect into that 90 seconds that I possibly could.

#4 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Registered, Voted, Enjoyed! Well done and best of luck!

:sailor:

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#5 Dolittlesaymuch

Dolittlesaymuch

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Registered, Voted, Enjoyed! Well done and best of luck!

:sailor:

Yes! I saw the new rating! Thank you so much! You know, I'm actually flabbergasted at the mainstream public's reception of an iClone project. And it's thrilling to be able to share this experience with the machinima world. So many directors strive hard to achieve legitimacy--machinima is NOT the redheaded stepchild of 3D animation, although it is regarded that way by many outside the community. I would love to see that perception change. What we do is complex, creatively challenging, and requires intricate technical skill. Again, thank you and everyone else who supports my effort with the Amazon contest.

#6 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Rated and commented. Very nice job. Loved the special effects.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#7 Dolittlesaymuch

Dolittlesaymuch

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Rated and commented. Very nice job. Loved the special effects.

Thank you, Craig! I guess you saw where a few folks came very close to slamming my entry because it's machinima. In truth, they are the uploaders or friends of the uploaders who submitted a couple of the live action films. What you said in your comment more than counters their negativity. Awesome! :35:

#8 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thank you, Craig! I guess you saw where a few folks came very close to slamming my entry because it's machinima. In truth, they are the uploaders or friends of the uploaders who submitted a couple of the live action films. What you said in your comment more than counters their negativity. Awesome! :35:

You're welcome. There seems to be many haters over there so I hope more from our community leave comments for you to help counter their ignorance . Kind of reminds me of the Machinima.com crowd or the YouTube junkies. Don't let them discourage you at all for they know not what is good or bad. :taz:

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#9 Dolittlesaymuch

Dolittlesaymuch

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

You're welcome. There seems to be many haters over there so I hope more from our community leave comments for you to help counter their ignorance . Kind of reminds me of the Machinima.com crowd or the YouTube junkies. Don't let them discourage you at all for they know not what is good or bad. :taz:

Yeah, I actually had one commenter say he just doesn't like "Moviestorm." Well, Moviestorm is a fine program and I would endorse it to anyone who asks, but if that guy can't tell the difference between it and iClone, then I personally don't think he's qualified to voice that kind of opinion. LOL! The whole thing would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, book trailer, contest, iclone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users