After a year off I am pleased to announce that The Ollies are back. In the summer of 2013 we plan on holding the third Ollie Awards. This ceremony will honor films that were released between the dates of January 1, 2012 and February 17, 2013.
The “Ollies” Rules
1) One vote per registered TMU member (you must include your screen-name at the top of your voting form). You MUST be a registered TMU member or Aview TV to have your nominations and votes count towards this year’s awards. (register at TMU here http://www.tmundergr....com/signup.php Register Aview TV http://aviewtv.com/join.php)
2) You must complete as many categories on the list as you can (i.e. no voting for “Best Picture” and leaving the rest blank, for example; if you honestly can't think of a movie/director/writer etc, that fits a category, then fill in "-----" and move on, but PLEASE try to complete as many as you can. Nominations that only contain entries for best actor, director and movie, though (as an example), will be unlisted in the final tally.
3) To qualify for nomination, the listed movie(s) must have been released on TMU between January 1, 2012 and February 17, 2013 (either via direct upload or embedding from another hosting site).
Movies that is hosted/uploaded to other sites, which have NOT been embedded on the movie site, do not qualify (i.e. forum posts pointing to movies hosted off-site, for example).
As the Movie site now lists movies by date uploaded, it’s easy to see whether a film qualifies or not. Please check before submitting, as any movie that falls outside these dates will NOT be entered into the nomination count.
A reminder; only movies uploaded direct or embedded on the TMUnderground Movie Site between January 1, 2012 and February 17, 2013 are acceptable nomination candidates.
4) All completed lists must be submitted by 12:00 midnight, PST time on March 1, 2013.
5) You CANNOT nominate yourself or your own movies for ANY categories; you can only nominate ANOTHER community member; self-nominations will be disqualified.
6) No canvassing for votes will be allowed; anyone caught doing so will be DISQUALIFIED from nomination. You can, however, refresh the community’s memory by placing a “For Your Consideration” thread in the specially created forum (more on that when it appears later today!)
7) Please follow the format as requested after each category (i.e. BEST PICTURE format: Movie/Series - Director); submissions that do not follow the requested format will be disregarded. The nominations will be tallied, and the top three nominees in each category will go forward to the Voting Phase.
A list of the final nominees will be posted between March1, 2013 for the Voting Phase to commence on March 8, 2013 and will end sometime in May 2013.
The form for this will become available after the Nomination Phase has finished.
Final winners will be announced on the Ollies Award Shows on TMOA that will take place in the summer of 2013(date TBC).
Edited by Kinte (PlayhouseProductions), 22 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.