• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

I ran across a couple of screenwriting comps while going through my email this morning, and thought some of you might be interested - both have an entry fee in the $50 range, so that may be a problem for some people, but if not, read on...

Scriptapalooza - $10,000 first prize, and the big selling point with this one is that the people reading and voting on the winner are all producers, managers, and agents, so people who can actually do something if they like your script. In addition to the entry fee ($55-$60 depending on when you enter - deadline is April 22nd) you can also order feedback with your entry for another $85, where you'll get a logline, a synopsis, and 4-5 pages of detailed feedback on the script from a judge.

Screamfest - Yeah, it's for horror scripts - $1,000 first prize, plus software, plus promotion of your script, plus six month free Prolific Pro ReadThrough membership for 6 months (they do a readthrough of your script with voice actors, music, and sound effects)

And by the way, Readthrough.com which does the Prolific Pro part of the prize might also be a good resource for voice actors (you can sign up and be part of their talent pool for readthroughs...and maybe get some paying work, I'd imagine, though I'm not sure they will pay you) - and if you're interested in just getting a readthrough like this as a writer, you can subscribe to their service for $4.95 - $9.95 a month, depending on how many scripts you have read - and hey, there's a one-month free trial.

So those are my links for the day - geez, I feel like Dulci, the Link Queen, now....though her legs are probably better....

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users