It’s a competition that I wanted to try out for some time. Ever since I bought a new microphone, my Samson C01U microphone has been gathering dust and is in need of a new home. This has been in my mind for a while, but due to a busy schedule, I never had the time to carry it out until recently. The premise is quite simple; for anybody wanting a decent microphone for free is able to join. It’s an acting competition dealing with characters in short scenes, from mundane to out of the ordinary, performing original scenes written specially for this competition (no fan written scenes).
Now then… some things you should know.
- This is a competition aimed for anyone needing a decent microphone.
- Two other judges will be involved and kept anonymous- they will be selected and asked to remain objective.
- There are three rounds with three different scenes to perform.
- This competition will be announced live on my podcast, The Voice Chat, and it will take place on the show. Scenes will be played live and the judges will make their critiques later on.
- Recordings have to be raw and sent by email.
- Unfortunately international shipping is very expensive (60 dollars or more in several distributors), so anyone outside the US and Canada cannot join. I hate to enforce this, but it is way out of my budget for this one.
Now then, the scripts for the scenes will be announced on my podcast every Tuesday night at around 8:15 pm CT (9:15 pm ET and 6:15 pm PT). The scripts will be given at this chatroom with a download link provided later on in a site. Those who are interested must be involved in all three scenes and have to send their lines by the deadline, those who miss the deadline will not have their entries accepted.
The prize is my microphone, though I may add on a pop filter and a new stand in the future, but we will see what happens. Here are the photos of the mic, a little worn out on the exterior, but I have included a raw recording. (The air conditioner was on full blast during the recording.)
July 9th will be the deadline for anybody interested in signing up for the competition.