• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

So with all the scripts done and Ken helping me proof-read, I am hoping to have the casting thread up by the end of the month. I will be using a "scattered" due date for the lines, which will help people with larger parts as they won't have to record everything at once but can space it out a little so they can fulfill other obligations.

I am starting to get confirmations from the Season 1 cast for returning characters: Grouchobeer will once again be playing Lord Julius, Tera Whitten returns as Jaka (the love interest in the storyline), and Bruce Whitten will be returning as Henrot the Wizard. Also, this just in: KeithMPS will be joining the cast as Blakely, the political adviser who helps Cerebus in his campaign to become Prime Minister of Iest.

This brings us to the storyline of Season 2, which is titled "High Society". Cerebus is finally living the good life as one of Lord Julius' ambassadors, but when his job is threatened by the arrival of Elrod the Albino, he joins forces with one of Julius' ex-wives -- an opinionated spitfire named Astoria who has her own machinations Cerebus is unaware of -- and (of all people) The Cockroach -- whose personalities are becoming wilder, uncontrollable and more numerable as the season progresses -- to throw his hat into the political arena in an attempt to become Prime Minister of Iest. This story takes aim at crooked big business, politics and even Comic-Con in a laugh-filled adventure that is one continuous story arc for the entire 24-episode season.

So that's it for now -- hope this little teaser gets you as excited for Season 2 as I am. And watch for the casting thread coming soon!
Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#2 MalletPropStudios

MalletPropStudios

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

I accepted before I knew I'd be doing an English accent :001_unsure:

And I just found out that my John Gielgud impression sounds like John Gielgud doing a bad James Mason impression. Should be fun! Sorry in advance to our friends across the pond. :surrender:

- Keith

#3 rposhard

rposhard

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Kinte has joined the cast in a role that is actually a composite of about twenty different characters. I decided to write it that way not only to cut down on cast size (this season's cast is 75 characters, not counting the ones I already plan to do myself -- hopefully there will be more interest in the roles up for grabs this season), but because by making it one character I was able to write it in such a way as to have the character evolve as the season progresses. Unlike the first season, I am using the comics as my guide, but in some cases am deviating slightly. The mass bulk of the material in the scripts is still David Sims', but every once in a while I reinterpret things to throw a little of my own writing into the work, including a completely original story that will be aired shortly before the second season begins. Also joining the cast as a regular this season will be Blaze Lee Dragon as Filgate, the union leader of the dock workers. You will recall his incredible portrayal of Necross in Season 1, and I look forward to him bringing his vocal magic to this new role.

I have also received confirmations on more of the returning cast members: Monk will, of course, be returning as Elrod the Albino and said he might take on another role as well -- more on that if it happens. Ken is returning as K'Cor, meglomaniacal king of a population enslaved by drug addiction. Joster is returning as Bran Mak Mufin, the Pigt leader we met in Episode 5 of the first season. He plays a much larger role in Cerebus' life this time around, and will continue to be an influence in Season 3. Also, wishfulthinker is returning in the role of Baskin, who has now been promoted to Lord Julius' chief aide, and a character that you'll meet in the Season 1 finale (I am writing this several weeks before the finale airs, so mum on the role for now). And Carver will return as a character from Season 1, but I can't say who because it's a big surprise. Of course, knowing joster, wish and Carver they will probably be showing up in other roles as well.

I will be doing something a little different with the casting call this time around. Knowing the caliber of voice talent available here at TMU, I have decided to dispense with auditions. With the exception of 5 characters who have to sound like well-known celebrities or cartoon characters, it will essentially be pick a part, get a script. This includes a female lead and a major female supporting character, other supporting and recurring characters, and a whole slew of bit parts. Maybe I'm crazy -- okay, the "maybe" was a bit hypothetical -- but I am trusting the community to come through for me. TMOA Radio Theater is very important to me since I no longer have the facilities to make movies, so I'm hoping for a big show of support from all of you actors out there. I've sometimes heard people remark that there aren't any really good roles out there -- well, here they are. And they will continue to be here for as long as TMOA Radio Theater stays on the air -- but it can only stay on the air with the help of the community. So this is your chance. I'm not like Ken. I can't coax people out of retirement or just drop an IM and say "Here's a part for you" and hit the mark every single time. I am truly grateful to the handful of people I've talked to who have said "Yes" -- but I also like to rely on the community to come forward and keep things going.

Okay, enough preaching for now -- I have a casting thread to post.

EDIT: The Casting Call Thread is posted HERE

Edited by rposhard, 31 July 2013 - 06:38 AM.

Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#4 rposhard

rposhard

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

The casting of some of the major recurring roles continues apace. Grouchobeer has committed to taking on the roles of Duke Leonardi, Arnold the Isshurian and Lord Rodney. He is also considering another role which -- if he takes it on -- will give themonk a bit of a break. (No, it's not Elrod the Albino -- get back to work on those lines, monk!) In addition, he has already sent me the bulk of his Lord Julius lines, all except for one episode (which, in all fairness, was an episode I forgot to send him the script for). I noticed squirrellygirl in the chat room during the Sunday Show and just on a chance asked her if she could play The Regency Elf for me and got an immediate yes, so she is now hard at work recording those lines. I know she is going to bring a lot of life and humor into the character and can't wait to hear the first of her lines.

My really big news came last night when Kera Hildebrandt (who you will be hearing in the role of Katrina in a couple of weeks) confirmed she would be playing the leading role of Astoria. Interesting story of how she got the part: At the end of the file she sent me containing Katrina's lines, she reverted to her natural voice to apologize for being late with her lines and asking me to let her know if I needed anything else. I kept going back to that part of the file for the past week, listening ans listening to her voice, and finally realized that this voice would be ideal for the role of Astoria. Sunday evening I sent her an e-mail asking her if she would be interested in taking on the role of Astoria. Because it is such a large role I was afraid her schedule would not permit her the time to do it, but less than an hour later she responded with an enthusiastic yes. (Definition of enthusiastic yes: "Hell YES I would love to play this role!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!") Her excitement about this role is contagious -- I'm hoping it will inspire some others sign on as well for the remaining roles.

One bit of sad news
-- there is a chance that my brother will not be able to continue in the role of The Cockroach, due to technical issues with his computer. If this is the case I will either recast or -- if time is running out -- do the part myself this season and wait until Season 3 to recast. I am willing to wait until the last possible minute because he has done such a great job of nailing the role.

Meanwhile, I am starting to rev myself up for producing Season 2 by recording the dialogue for Episode 27 (NOTE: I am not rebooting the episode numbers to 1 each season but continuing to number them in order). This is the only episode of the season that will feature only my voice, as the only characters in it are the Narrator, Cerebus and Suenteus Po. That's it for now. Be sure to check out the casting call (click the link in my signature below) and get in on Season 2 of TMOA Radio's longest-running serial!

#5 rposhard

rposhard

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Well.

I am sure there are a number of you out there saying "What the hell happened?" I would like to believe that there are also at least a few people saying "Where's Season 2 of Cerebus? We can't wait to hear it already." The answer is an all too common one -- Real Life has been interfering with my carefully laid plans of premiering the second season in 2013. As many of you know, my wife has had a great many health issues this past year. As many of you also know, I injured my back a few months ago, which has made sitting at the computer a painful chore instead of a joyful experience. Lastly, a few of you are aware that I have been under contract to produce an audio book which must be submitted no later than November 30th. This has made it very difficult for me to get back to Estarcion and start assembling the new episodes.

However.

I'll make a deal with you guys. Have some faith in me and I will get the second season (or second series, as the Brits say) on the air as early in 2014 as I possibly can. There is so much ever-lovin' goodness in Season 2 that I can't possibly let it go unproduced. Comedy, action, romance, conspiracy -- it's all written and ready to produce. There's even an original mini-episode written by me. That's right -- a completely original Cerebus story that will be airing during my segment on the TMOA Holiday Show. (Surprise Ken! Hope that's all right with you.) And I'll drop this little bombshell -- the season finale has an enormous twist that you will not see coming (unless you've read the comics or are one of the four actors appearing in it -- and they're all sworn to secrecy).

So.

Once again, I am sorry this is taking so long, but I promise -- PROMISE -- that this season is worth the wait. I'll let you know more about how things are going later in December. And for those of you who think TMOA Radio Theater is dead -- IT AIN'T! When it comes back with the new episodes of Cerebus and The Lincolnshire Poacher, I think you are all going to agree that Radio Theater is better than ever! So start producing those audio plays -- Ken and I will help you with it, never you fear. Remember: Something that might take weeks to mod takes only seconds to describe in an audio production, so switch your imaginations into overdrive and let those creative juices flow, let the excitement of inspiration fill your gut with an undeniable pleasure, feel the yearning that only audio production can satisfy in a fraction of the time it would take to animate, build those inner stories to a climax that can only be released by...by...

I think I need some "alone" time. Talk to y'all later.

#6 Carver

Carver

Pusher Man

• Moderators
  • 474 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the update, RPO. I must say that I am one of those who wondered when TMOA Radio Theater would be back. I know I'm looking forward to season two of Cerebus and Lincolnshire!

#7 rposhard

rposhard

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

My internet has been so touchy over the last 6 months, but I have finally bought a new computer and am once again annoying the masses. This means work can once again begin in earnest on Season 2 of Cerebus. I know, you all thought I forgot -- but those of you who know me best are aware that there have been major upheavals in my life in the past year. That means that those of you who still owe me lines (and I think you all know who you are -- if you aren't sure then drop me a PM before I drop one on you (heh-heh-heh)) need to really start getting them into me.

Work will go slowly for a while, since I had to upload everything to an online storage site. I saved the voice files in both zipped and unzipped formats. Good thing too, because the Cerebus.zip file with all of the voice-work on it has mysteriously come up empty. Fortunately, everything I had has survived in unzipped format. Unfortunately, this means I have to download everything I have one line at a time. Can you say time-consuming? I know you can.

So fear not. Work will continue and slowly accelerate on Season 2 of Cerebus and -- as I get that wound up, work will begin on a series of Cerebus specials leading up to Seasons 3 and 4.

The Earth-Pig Born, the Barbarian Aardvark shall reign triumphant in the years to come!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users